80 Times People Started Collecting Seemingly Random Things But Ended Up With A Serious Collection

The world is full of interesting curiosities, for those with the eyes to see. While most of us would take the various things around us for granted, there are some folks out there who devote time and energy to gathering, collecting, and sorting. 

We’ve gathered some of the most interesting collections of items netizens have shared online. From emergency escape signs to hot sauces of the world, get comfortable as you scroll through, upvote your favorites and if you have something you enjoy collecting, feel free to share about it in the comments section. 

#1 My Collection Of Exit Signs (And A Few Fire Safety Signs)

Image credits: Trizocbs

#2 Collection Of Tiny Pigs

Image credits: fat-obese

#3 Another One But Don’t Have Any Room

Image credits: Perceyhere

Naturally, someone out there has the largest collection of something. For example, Bettina Dorfmann of Düsseldorf, Germany is the world leader in Barbie Dolls, with over 15,000 in her collection. One wonders if the recent film made the value of her hobby skyrocket. If yes, good for her.

For older items, as one can expect, you will have to frequent thrift stores. Unfortunately, more valuable items can be hard to get, as collectors grab them up. So the best bet is to simply explore thirst stores, garage sales, and other, similar venues in the hope of securing a great deal. It’s more possible than you might think. 

#4 My Yixing Teapot Collection

Image credits: Shuttlebug2

#5 My Beloved Vintage Camera Collection

Image credits: combustionbustion

#6 My Bourbon Collection

Image credits: MrWinkleson

Obviously, the value of a Barbie doll comes from the fact that there are collectors who are interested in it. This is still, for better or worse, a small market. Items with more clear resale value are, naturally, harder to buy. For example, the largest jewelry collection in the world, at least by value, belonged to Austrian philanthropist and art collector Heidi Horten. Around the time of her passing, it was valued at around $150 million.

#7 Finally Got Shelves For My Collection Of Antique Colored Glass

Image credits: icameasathrowaway

#8 My Collection Of Tiny Things

Image credits: jeslico

#9 Starbucks City Mugs

Image credits: danindub

This is perhaps why so many collectors focus on more niche items. First and foremost, it’s more accessible than, say, jewelry. At the same time, this also allows someone to create an actually unique collection that stands out. Plus, if you are the world leader in, say, misprinted stop signs, it does ascribe a certain kind of expertise. 

#10 My 100% Complete Collection Of Every LEGO Shield Ever Made

Image credits: Tusserte

#11 Here Is My Collection Of Smoll Pencils. The 4 On The Right Are Too Big And Currently In Use Until They Fit

Image credits: MahloGolem

#12 My Collection Of Miniature Chairs

Image credits: damestillmen

That being said, people really will collect anything, up to the point where it starts to seem like something else. For example, the world’s largest toilet paper collection is held by Flo and Richard Newman of Boston. While this could be just a collection, a passion project of sorts, it does also feel like they are stocking up for the apocalypse. 

#13 Here’s A Collection You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. This Is My Elevator Button Collection!

Image credits: Jowevator3219

#14 Some Of My Hot Sauce Collection

Image credits: ClaySteres

#15 Rubik's Cube Collection

Image credits: BigfootTouchedMe

Any seasoned collector knows that, ultimately, it can be pretty hard to actually store one’s things. At a certain point, you have to start sacrificing space and eventually rooms in your home. Depending on the value, you might even want to purchase insurance or additional security. Although most burglars don’t have the capacity to lift thousands of bottles of hot sauce. 

#16 Every Issue Of National Geographic Since 1888

Image credits: IKantImagine

#17 One Of My Mother’s Many Collections

Image credits: NakedAndAfraidFan

#18 I Collect Dog Themed Cookie Jars

Image credits: livebyheart

#19 Things That Make Me Happy And Bring Nostalgia!

Image credits: PhantomSpartan24

#20 Some Turtles ???

Image credits: The_Redditor1

#21 My Collection Of Hand Carved Cameos

Image credits: tinaismediocre

#22 A Few Cameras From My 130+ Collection

Image credits: kortney1313

#23 My Nature/Sand/Dirt Collection From Around The World

Image credits: SlimeBallz111

#24 My Collection Of Starships, Action Figures And Dvd’s From My Childhood Home; My Parents Kept It Just The Way I Left It

Image credits: irishtrekkie

#25 Wizard Of Oz Book Collection

Image credits: bunny_chan09

#26 My Pink Calculator Collection

Image credits: reddit.com

#27 My Current Tech Deck Finger Skateboard Collection (293)

Image credits: metalhead011310

#28 Here's A Weird One, I Actually Collect The Little Crystal Thingies Inside Cd Players, Along With Lenses From Cameras, Prisms From Cameras, Etc

Image credits: ionlysaiditonreddit

#29 This Is My Collection Of Playing Cards

Image credits: CharlotteHarlot52

#30 My Banana Label Collection - More Than 22,000 Different Labels

Image credits: Becky1949

#31 I Collect Coins, Veeeery Old Coins

Image credits: Savixe

#32 My Mad Magazine Collection. Need 17 More For All 1700* U.S. Published Official Mads. They Include All The Inserts Attached And All Variants

Image credits: reddit.com

#33 My Collection Of Bicycle Playing Cards!

Image credits: PM_ME_FUN_STORIES

#34 Is This Collection A Red Flag For A Single Millennial?

Image credits: TheGreatestKeith

#35 I Feel Like My Furby Collection Could Be Appreciated Here…

Image credits: xxawesomenz

#36 I Collect Nintendo Related Merchandise. Heres Just A Part Of My Collection/Game Room

Image credits: Toyhunters

#37 I Know This Might Not Be The Strangest Collection Y'all May Have Seen, But Here's My Peep Collection!

Image credits: weavile901

#38 This Is Not My *entire* Kitkat Collection, But It’s My Most Recent Picture From About 3 Years Ago

Image credits: boss_naas

#39 My Childhood Uglydoll Collection

Image credits: hwood2316

#40 My Bouncy Ball Collection

Image credits: djax39

#41 Really Large Amount Of Things Going There Though

Image credits: LongieBoiV

#42 I Collect Slippers

Image credits: brittany9098

#43 Hope You Like My 1:1 Horror Collection

Image credits: stillcore

#44 Toy Cameramen

Image credits: jimnw

#45 Part Of My B&w Figure Collection

Image credits: Mentirosohonesto

#46 Here's A Weird One: My Collection Of Afro Dogs!

Image credits: muskratio

#47 Incomplete Collection

Image credits: 1nca0rchid

#48 My Display Cabinet Makes It Look Like They're In A Police Line Up

Image credits: Judge_Sentry

#49 My Collection Of Vintage Mobile Phones, Ongoing Since 2006!

Image credits: _ITX_

#50 I Have 62 Copies Of The 2001 Cinematic Masterpiece Pearl Harbor

Image credits: Worldwarallen

#51 My Nintendo Switch Games Collection

Image credits: klost88

#52 My House's Ever-Growing Collection Of Board Games!

Image credits: AcquiringCardboard

#53 My Dice Collection

Image credits: Juranur

#54 My Sterling Silver Fountain Pens

Image credits: Davros1974

#55 Bar Key Collection From Ten Years In The Industry

Image credits: JacobGouchi

#56 My Kids’ Eraser Collections

Image credits: sassandahalf

#57 My Sauce Packet Collection

Image credits: Mkeen411

#58 173 Spoons Are Ready, With A Million More Well On The Way

Image credits: garlictoasteternal

#59 This Is My Collections Of Collections

Image credits: Wueen1988

#60 My Slowly But Surely Growing Collection Of Natural Things And Finds

Image credits: quaileatsorbeez

#61 Metal Spinning Tops!

Image credits: SpinningTopTom

#62 A Very Outdated Picture Of My Bounty Paper Towels Collection. Oldest Roll Is From 1965

Image credits: Phillies1993

#63 My Mom And I Are Collecting Sugar Packets, Mainly Those With A Café's/Restaurant's Logo On Them

Image credits: _K-milly_

#64 Finally Got Some Shelves For My Garfield Collection!

Image credits: shanpoozi

#65 Nobody Cares, But I Used To Collect These Little Figurines Called U.b. Funkeys For Years. Among My Collection Are Some Of The Rarest Ones On Earth

Image credits: soosbear

#66 Stuff I Collect

Image credits: Better_Ad5355

#67 My Slowly Growing Bottle Cap Collection

Image credits: c4ppi3

#68 Current Family Room/Pez Room. Most Stuff Is On Display. About 250-300 Pez And Non Pez Dispenser Items Still Need To Go Up. This Is Approx 2,800 Different Dispensers On Display

Image credits: kcmimic

#69 I Collect Colored Can Tabs And Here’s My Collection So Far

Image credits: Omaliymix1789

#70 Nobody: Me:

Image credits: -a-s-i-a-n-

#71 I'm Collecting Little Birds With Hats. Why? Because I Love Them

Image credits: lemons_are_banned

#72 Updated Wall! Definitely Running Out Of Space!

Image credits: G_Dubb

#73 Added Some Small Shelves For My Helmets

Image credits: reddit.com

#74 My Beloved Model Horse Collection!

Image credits: maxxshepard

#75 My Little Tree Collection

Image credits: BusesAreForSleeping

#76 Squeeze Toy Aliens From Toy Story ⨀⨀⨀

Image credits: alstonpjy

#77 My Guitar Hero Controllers

Image credits: PacktNicely

#78 I Have A Random Boston Pizza Fishbowl Full Of Things That I Really Like There A Old Hotel Key To Where I Used To Live All The Way To My Exs Colone Bottle Because I Love The Smell

Image credits: mookaroo

#79 Nothing Specific, I Just Like Collecting Things That Catch My Eye. Have A Great Day Everyone!

Image credits: SumoSongs

#80 My Ceramic Fish Collection

Image credits: Desperate-Face-6594



source https://www.boredpanda.com/interesting-collections-pics/
Previous
Next Post »